Overview

This blog is to tell the story about the search for and the upbringing of our new German Shepard. We live in Sydney a pretty dog friendly city so we are looking forward to many outdoor adventures!

Monday 10 March 2014

Picking the Breeder

This wasn’t as difficult as I first thought. Earlier in the year I did a quick search for breeders and there was such a massive list I closed the browser and filed that away for another day. When I started looking again I took a different angle on it and found that there was an Australian German Shepard Society that broke down all the registered breeders into states. I then visited all the websites for each breeder in the state of NSW. For me first impressions count and as I am in IT if they had a bad website I marked them off the list pretty quickly. 

I found the perfect one with Takimbre breeders based in Crookwell. They are 3 hours south but their website outlined what they excepted of owners to do for one of their pups and this ticked all the boxes for me. I got in touch with them and they informed me about their process and when they were breeding again. The timelines were tight as we had just started looking for a house to buy but I put our names down anyway. I didn’t tell the other half this at the time ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment